Friday 2 March 2012

I get the feeling that somewhere, R2D2 is laughing at me...

Hey out there,
Some days it doesn’t pay to get out of bed. This entire week has been one of those days. I just get finished digging the Fortress of Funitude out from its third blizzard of an otherwise green winter (don’t ask where Uncle Fun and Sparky were…they have a sixth sense for impending storms, and impending work involving heavy lifting) when I find out that I’m no longer the only version of me kicking around.
This requires explanation. Operating on the sound scientific principle that no-one’s life is complete until they have a robotic double of themselves, Science Boy has taken it upon himself to design a motorized android replica of me. As you can see, CyberMoose is by no means the most flattering thing anyone has ever come up with. S.B. claims that Sparky put him up to it, on the grounds that his own robotic double, CyberSparky, was lonely and needed a friend. I believe that about as much as I’d believe Werner von Braun saying that his life’s ambition was to work for NASA.
Apparently CyberMoose runs on atomic power, so the only way I have of getting back at someone who knows his way around weapons-grade fissionable material is to say that Science Boy only has a minor part in the episode of Uncle Fun and Sparky’s Radio Colouring Book that you’ll find by clicking the blue-lettered title link you just skimmed past. I just hope this CyberMoose thing doesn’t know how to make automated phone calls, or I’ll be in for a world of hurt from Canada.
Moose

No comments:

Post a Comment